Description of Silica Aerogel
Silica aerogel powder particles refer to the aerogel particles with nanometer pore structure silica. The product not only has excellent heat insulation performance, good sound insulation resistance, strong adsorption, green environmental protection, flame retardant abhorred excellent properties such as water, but also has low density, small aperture, high specific surface area and porosity, which can be used in the structure of the heat preservation equipment interlining, fill layer and composite layer, etc.
Application of Silica Aerogel
Silica Aerogel is used in the field of concrete. When applying, the product will be dispersed into water by high-speed dispersion or ultrasonic dispersion to form a suspension with a specific concentration. Then the distribution is added to other mixtures. The customer can choose the amount of addition according to the actual situation.
Features of Silica Aerogel
1. High surface activity, non-toxic, odorless and pollution-free;
2. Small particle size, large surface area, strong hydrophilicity;
3. Excellent dispersion;
4. Improve the performance of concrete such as penetration resistance, corrosion resistance, and weather resistance;
5. Improve the mechanical properties of concrete at various ages, such as bending resistance and compression resistance, especially under the early strength and high-stress level, the fatigue life of cement concrete is improved;
6. The dry shrinkage of concrete is evident compared with ordinary cement concrete, and at the same time, reduces the slump and expansion of concrete.
Data of Silica Aerogel
Specific surface area(m2/g)
Thermal conductivity (25℃)W/(m·K)
||Skeleton density estimation method|
|The aperture (nm)||
||Nitrogen adsorption stripping|
Operation precautions of Silica Aerogel
Please do not inhale the dust. Suggest install it in a place where it is easy to produce dust exhaust equipment. Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes, and it is recommended to use gloves, masks, goggles, and other protective facilities.
Storage of Silica Aerogel
Keep the packing sealed and stored in a dry and ventilated place. Please do not place it with other volatile chemical material to avoid aerogels absorbing the material.